As part of our ongoing updates on refunds from the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association, Westfield Insurance Company has announced that they will be notifying all clients who are eligible for the refund and will be issuing them in the form of a check.
They will begin issuing refunds in early April and will have all refunds issued by the deadline of May 9th.
This refund is based on registered vehicles covered by an insurance policy as of 10/31/21. Customers will receive:
- $400 per vehicle eligible for PIP
- $400 per motorcycle registered for road use
- $80 per historical vehicle
More information about the refund can be found on the Department of Insurance and Financial Services website, here:
I’m a former aspiring “ski-bum” turned insurance professional.I was licensed in 2002 and in 2013 I obtained my Certified Insurance Counselor (C.I.C.) designation. I'm married to an amazing woman, have a wonderful son and a cat.I enjoy travelling, music, craft beer, woodworking, collecting and restoring antique tools and all things computer and tech related.
Latest posts by Darin Mohrman (see all)
- Auto Insurance Refund Update – Safeco Insurance - April 19, 2022
- Auto Insurance Refund Update – Central Insurance Company - April 5, 2022
- Auto Insurance Refund Update – Westfield Insurance Company - March 18, 2022